Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFS4000 boot loop

RFS4000 boot loop

DirkN
New Contributor

Hi,

I know that the RFS4000 controllers are very old, but we still have some locations where we use it.

We have two RFS4000 controller in an Cluster running up more that 5 years. A few days before I had to configure an accesspoint and thought it would be a nice idea to boot one of the controllers.

That was not an good idea, because that controller is not coming up again and caught in an boot loop now.

Attached you can see the console outputs.

Is there something I can do to get it up again? I think there is an hardware error. May bee the internal memory or something else. There is no additional memory card installed.

Any suggestions?

cu

Dirk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Daren,

I solved the problem. I found the factory reset funktion (push reset button while powering on). Then the loop ends and I had to configure it new. But it is working.

cu

Dirk

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Daren_Ellis
Extreme Employee

Hi Dirk,

The screen shot is a little small but i saw that you are getting the following error "reset button detected".
You may need to RMA the unit.

Hello Daren,

I solved the problem. I found the factory reset funktion (push reset button while powering on). Then the loop ends and I had to configure it new. But it is working.

cu

Dirk

GTM-P2G8KFN