cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see the SSID configured on some of the laptops - VX9000 with AP310i

Unable to see the SSID configured on some of the laptops - VX9000 with AP310i

ddpatil89
New Contributor III

We recently installed new vx9000 controller with AP310i in our office network. But Some of the clients unable to see the SSID broadcasted by AP while the next table client able to see the SSID & connect also. Can anyone help me what should be the issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee

In addition to what Stephan recommended, some older wireless clients can’t see SSIDs coming from WIFI 6 APs when 802.11ax is enabled. You can also test by disabling 802.11ax to see if the SSID will be visible to said clients

Here’s a link with instructions on enabling and disabling this parameter: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000085792

I hope this helps,

Christoph S.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

802.11ax focuses mainly on distributing the available bandwidth to multiple clients that do not have large amounts of data to transfer. If your clients do not support 11ax, then you will not lose speed if you only allow 11ac. Also regarding Coverage and Security there is no negativ impact if you support only 11ac.

If you have 11ax and older Clients in parallel and you need 11ax features for the 11ax clients you have separate like 11ax in one frequency band and older clients in the other.

Be aware 11ac is only available in 5 GHz while 11n and 11ax works on both frequencies.

Regards Stephan

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Oh, I see my last post has overlapped with your answer.

Nice that it works now.

Regards Stephan

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

Channel 11 is good and should work on any device.

Maybe you are faced with the issue here:

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/no-wifi-ssid-access-points-found-by-windows-10/

Especially step 8 is easy to try.

Do you have the problem only with WPA-Enterprise SSIDs?

If yes you can try with an WPA-Personal (PreSharedKey) SSID, too.

Regards Stephan

ddpatil89
New Contributor III

Thanks Christoph S & StephanH for your help. I disabled 802.11ax feature for 5Ghz frequency band & now able to see the SSID on laptops having issue.

Is there any impact of this related to speed, coverage & security point of view for clients who are now using 5Ghz band? 

GTM-P2G8KFN