cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Access for Management Software and Firmware Updates?

Open Access for Management Software and Firmware Updates?

gnar13
New Contributor II

Is it possible that Extreme Networks would consider providing an open access link to network management software and firmware updates for home use customers that are not corporate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

Just remember that not all APs and Switches are supported in XIQ-Cloud. 

As a rule only AeroHive AP and newer Extreme Cloud enabled AP are supported in XIQ.  And newer EXOS and VSP switches.

Once you create your XIQ account you can see the list of supported devices. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

Extreme does have XIQ CONNECT, which is a free account for basic cloud management for up to 10 Extreme Network devices.   I don't know if that includes switch updates but you can try this as a starting point.

gnar13
New Contributor II

Thanks for the information.  I was hoping for something more simple and direct, but I understand the benefits of the cloud for detection, analysis, and authentication.  After some searching, I see that it begins as a 90-day trial XIQ Pilot account, then migrates to Connect.  If nothing else, it helps me determine how much more I want to pursue before I offload my access point.

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

Just remember that not all APs and Switches are supported in XIQ-Cloud. 

As a rule only AeroHive AP and newer Extreme Cloud enabled AP are supported in XIQ.  And newer EXOS and VSP switches.

Once you create your XIQ account you can see the list of supported devices. 

gnar13
New Contributor II

Thanks for the excellent information. 😊

GTM-P2G8KFN