Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switches refuse SSH connections after mgmt IP change

Switches refuse SSH connections after mgmt IP change

ExtremeNewbe
New Contributor

HI Folks,

I need to change the mgmt IP of some 5340F switches (all running 31.3..1.3).  Had an engineer attend site to provide console access and share his screen and ran the commands below

unconfigure vlan Default ipaddress
configure vlan Default ipaddress 172.22.x.x 255.255.255.0
configure radius mgmt-access primary server x.x.x.x 1812 client-ip 172.22.x.y vr VR-Default
configure radius mgmt-access secondary server y.y.y.y 1812 client-ip 172.22.x.y vr VR-Default

restart process exsshd

This has worked on a couple of devices, but others refuse SSH connections after, so I had to revert to the original IP to restore remote access.  Any idea what that would be and how to resolve the issue?

Many Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Donaldwallace
New Contributor

I just want to say that you may be running into an issue with the configuration of the RADIUS servers for management access on the switches. Here are a few things to check: MyAccountAccess

• Make sure that the IP address and port number of the RADIUS servers are correct and that the servers are reachable from the switches.
  • Verify that the RADIUS servers are configured correctly to accept management access requests from the switches.
  • Check that the shared secret between the switches and the RADIUS servers is correct.
  • Make sure that the RADIUS servers are configured to allow management access for the switches' new IP addresses.
  • Verify that the CLI command "configure radius mgmt-access primary server x.x.x.x 1812 client-ip 172.22.x.y vr VR-Default" and "configure radius mgmt-access secondary server y.y.y.y 1812 client-ip 172.22.x.y vr VR-Default" is correct, you might want to double check the syntax and the IP address.
  • Finally, consider trying to restart the RADIUS server or the switch to see if that resolves the issue.

Also, consider saving the configuration, before making any changes and make sure you can revert the changes, in case you lose the access to the switch.

GTM-P2G8KFN