cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMC: SITE based access management

XMC: SITE based access management

Volker_Kull
Contributor

Currently we can configure only global XMC access rights. Disabling the right for changing configuration needs 100 clicks to disable this in every area. Sometimes a whole view is gone with disabling write rights in a specific area.

We need SITE/Group based access restrictions with RW and RO without hiding detailed views. So we can see everything, or only see areas but cannot change any configuration in XMC or devices. And this individually per single SITE or global site with inherit of rights.

2 REPLIES 2

Thomas_Gfeller
New Contributor III

Our engineers (me too) also struggles a lot with configuring the  Access rights that it fits in the need of our customers, the Role Based Access Control definitly needs a makeover. One of the biggest wishes we get from customers is also to hide entire Sites, not only the content of the site (i ve done a separate feature request for that).

StephanH
Valued Contributor III

In my opinion, the entire rights management must be revised. If you take a look at other GUI based network systems, you can see that it is possible to assign rights granular to single resources.
I am aware that the XMC and its database does not provide this yet.But you have to take at least the first steps to grant rights like Volker mentioned.

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN