cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to find when a port was last used

How to find when a port was last used

Micheal_Beeler
New Contributor
Campus switch see lots of changes and need to find a way to show ports that have not been used in a set period of time.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Another option is to check via CLI.

show port info detail | include Port:|Link\sState:|Link\sUps:|Link\sDowns:
will get you a pretty concise list of all ports with their current state as well as the time of the last link up and link down. See the example output below from one of my lab switches.

X440G2-12t-10G4.1 # show port info detail | inc Port:|Link\sState:|Link\sUps:|Link\sDowns: Port: 1
Link State: Active, 1Gbps, full-duplex
Link Ups: 1 Last: Thu Aug 03 16:59:29 2017
Link Downs: 0 Last: --
Port: 2
Link State: Ready
Link Ups: 0 Last: --

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

As far as I know, there isn't an equivalent on the C5. However, I'm much more familiar with EXOS that with the C5, so maybe someone with better knowledge of the C5 will be able to show us a way to pull this info out of the CLI.

I'm running on a stacked c5. Is there an equivalent to this command in that OS?

Another option is to check via CLI.

show port info detail | include Port:|Link\sState:|Link\sUps:|Link\sDowns:
will get you a pretty concise list of all ports with their current state as well as the time of the last link up and link down. See the example output below from one of my lab switches.

X440G2-12t-10G4.1 # show port info detail | inc Port:|Link\sState:|Link\sUps:|Link\sDowns: Port: 1
Link State: Active, 1Gbps, full-duplex
Link Ups: 1 Last: Thu Aug 03 16:59:29 2017
Port: 2
Link State: Ready
Link Ups: 0 Last: --

It compares backups, so the dates are the oldest and newest backup.

I try to only use the ports that show no "Bytes Transferred"

Is this person's assumption correct? I have a switch that has been up for 200 days, I need to know if the ports were active in the last 6 months at least. Thanks!
GTM-P2G8KFN