cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMAN+Double+tag feature

VMAN+Double+tag feature

pierluigi_tramo
New Contributor II
I'd like to have x150 (XOS version 15.3.2.11) double tagging untagged frame, i.e. one port accepting VLAN untagged frames and the other either Ctag and Stag frames. I found in the XOS 15.3 User Guide that Double Tagging is supported with VMAN by the following command:
configure vman vman-name add ports [ all | port_list ] {untagged {port-cvidport_cvid} | tagged}, where the parameter port-cvid is described as follows:
"Port's CVID used for untagged packets. If unspecified, untagged packetswill be single tagged with the VMAN's SVID. If specified, untagged packets will be double tagged with the VMAN's VID and the port's CVID."
Unfortunately, while trying to configure the untagged port, the command doesn't allow me to specify also the port cvid parameter.
Example: configure vman name add ports 1 untagged... and stop: now way to add port cvid parameter.
Can anyone help me in understanding where I'm wrong?
11 REPLIES 11

pierluigi_tramo
New Contributor II
I can confirm to everybody that the syntax is correct. Assuming "prova" to be the name of my vman, then the output of the autocomplete command, "?", after the keyword "untagged" is , i.e. no port-cvid is expected:

* X150-001.1 # configure vman prova add port 1 untagged ?
Execute the command

So, we can finally conclude that the "port-cvid" parameter of the command:
configure vman vman-name add ports [ all | port_list ] {untagged {port-cvid port_cvid} | tagged}, as described in the user guide is not supported by 15.3.2 on x150.
Unfortunately, we don't have x460 or older OS versions.
Thanks to all.

dflouret
Extreme Employee
From the Command Reference...

configure vman vman-name add ports [ all | port_list ] {untagged {port-cvid port_cvid} | tagged}
History
This command was first available in ExtremeXOS 11.0.
The cvid keyword was added in ExtremeXOS 15.3.2.

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Yea and my 150's are all 12.6 and below .... so not sure if command changed that much on 15.xx I know what I pasted in works on one of our 150 running 12.6

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Pierluigi,

Please pay attention to the syntax. Usually, if a name is unique, you shouldn't need to indicate if it is a vlan, vman, etc...

For some reason this does not work correctly with vmans (feature, bug?).

The command
configure vman_tunnel_1 add port 1 untagged port-cvid produces the following error message

configure vman_tunnel_1 add port 2 untagged port-cvid 10
^
%% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
while
configure vman vman_tunnel_1 add port 1 untagged port-cvid does not...

I don't have a X150 but the command worked ok in a X460...
GTM-P2G8KFN