cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP6521 standalone setup with CLI commands

AP6521 standalone setup with CLI commands

Kogilan
New Contributor

Need help setting up AP, I just want to set the IP settings and Wireless profile. 

These manuals are confusing, some commands work and some dont, why isnt there 1 for the AP6521 only.  

4 REPLIES 4

ckelly
Extreme Employee

Is this what you are looking at?

I'm assuming you have access to the support portal.

ckelly_0-1695216132940.png

Kogilan
New Contributor

Thank you for your help, my manager was able to download WiNG-Man with his login credentials.

I am sorted now, I can login and setup my AP's.

ckelly
Extreme Employee

First, the AP6521 is only supported on the WiNG-5 platform. If you were attempting to use documentation based on WiNG-7, this potentially may have caused some issues when using the instructions - although the CLI command syntax is nearly identical between WiNG-5 and 7, there are certain features that only exist in WiNG-7.

If you locate a guide that is based on WiNG-5, any instructions and commands should work exactly as intended.

And depending upon which version of WiNG-5 is installed, it may have 1 of 2 different GUI's. The CLI syntax would still be exactly the same though. Note though, the original Flash based GUI will require a system that still has Flash capability in order to access the Flash GUI - otherwise, you would need access to the Extreme portal where you can download and install a utility that provides Flash access (WiNG Manager tool). The newer GUI is HTML5 and is referenced as the WiNG Express GUI and began being seen on non-Express model AP's somewhere around WiNG-5.7 I believe. (speaking of....is the AP6521 that you have an Express model? There is an AP6521E and a regular AP6521.  On the back, it's label would show a model name. If it's an express model, then that creates a different situation - but the short answer is that the Express model APs can now be upgraded to full Enterprise WiNG mode)

There is a GUI wizard in WiNG-5 that will walk you through getting a basis setup. Once completed, you can then tweak the configurations as needed using the regular GUI or CLI. The AP needs to be booted up in a defaulted state in order to have the wizard appear though.

Here is a link that shows the Flash based wizard walk through.

There is also a wizard in the WiNG Express GUI, but I don't have any video references for that version.

Kogilan
New Contributor

Ok thanks for the info, I should be able to do the setup if i can get the WiNG Manager tool, problem is there is no link under downloads. How else can i download WiNG Manager tool?

GTM-P2G8KFN