There are new Extreme Networks Training opportunities and updates to the various Certifications added to the catalog all the time.
We'll keep you posted using this Community Category, but also wanted to ensure you could find the Education on the Extreme Networks corporate site: http://www.extremenetworks.com/education
i.e. the certification ECE-wirless list as requirement the classes for:
2.NMS Advanced Wireless Services NMS Advanced Wireless Services
The training "NMS Advanced Wireless Services" isn't available anymore.
i.e. ECS-wireless list as requirement "course exam"
Which one ? The WLAN jumpstart one day class or the wireless 4 day class.
Also if you are already ECE the site still don't show how to recertify that level.
I was told that I don't need to recertify each ECS to keep my ECEs but I'd like to see that on the webpage and also how that works.
Thanks & wish u all a great weekend,
ECE-wireless, ECE-BYOD, ECE-Network Security, ECE-Networking, ECS-XOS
We are currently working on updating the Extreme website to reflect a number of changes that have occurred within the Training and Certification program over the last several months. We hope to have this updated in the next several weeks so we appreciate your patience. In regards to your questions:
- ECE Wireless will include Wireless + BYOD
- ECS Wireless (which is different than ECS-WLAN) requires the exam associated to the 4 day Wireless class.
- Lastly, in regards to ECE Networking re-certification, we are working on launching a re-certification course and associated exam targeted for release at the end of this year (2015).
We are making progress on updating the Extreme Website for the certification rollout and we are expecting this to be completed shortly. We did make a changed to the ECE Wireless is now is aligned with our Wireless Solution: Wireless, BYOD + NetSight Certification. For partners and customers that have the older Enterasys Switching NMS certification this will also count towards the new ECE Wireless Certification. Thank you for your patience
Policy and NAC integration for Wireless will be part of the existing Policy and Network Access Control (NAC) Classes in the near future.
The Extreme Networks Certification program and web page http://www.extremenetworks.com/education/certifications has been updated. Depending on your level of expertise you will find there has been some changes. Below is a summary of the changes:
- The ENA has been replaced with the ECNA-XOS (ExtremeXOS Fundamentals)
- The ENS has been replaced with the ECS-XOS (ExtremeXOS Switching and Routing) and you DO NOT need the ECNA-XOS to attend or to archive the this certification.
- The ECS-Switching NMS (Enterasys Certified Specialist) has been retired. The curriculum has been separated into 2 technologies.
- ECS-NetSight or NetSight Boot Camp
- Switching and Routing
- ECS-EOS or ExtremeEOS Switching and Routing
- ECS-XOS or ExtremeXOS Switching and Routing
- ECS-Switching and ECS-Routing or Switching and Routing Boot Camp (EXOS and EOS).
- The ECE-Network Security has been replaced with the ECE-IAC (Extreme Certificated Expert - Identity Access Control) and this now include NetSight Boot Camp
- The ECE-Wireless requirements have changed. The BYOD Specialist has been replaced with the NAC Specialist. The NAC class will include the Wireless integration at the end of this month.
- The ECA-Networking now includes the Purview Specialist.
- The BYOD-Specialist is no longer available. The NAC and Policy Classes include Wireless integration and configuration.
Please note that only the ECE (Expert) and ECA (Architect) certification required multiple Specialist Certifications in order to obtain these higher level of Certification. All Extreme Networks classes include the Certification Exam as part of the Class purchase.