Updates for 8800 module

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Hi everybody) can you please answer a question. I am not a regular user of these devices, but I need to know how to make latest update for them, I bought G48Tc 41517 Black Diamond 8800 48-Port  on ebay, should I pay for any licenses for updates, or i just connect it and it updates automatically? Does my location matter, because I am writing from Republic of Kazahstan?

Sincerely, 

Zhantuar

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: BD8800 latest stable XOS.
Photo of Zhantuar Gabdullayev

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Drew C.

Drew C., Community Manager

• 39,446 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Zhantuar, Welcome to The Hub!
The 8800 module you purchased will automatically load the software from the chassis.  There is no separate file for the G48Tc that you need to load.  It will also share the same license as the chassis.
Photo of EtherMAN

EtherMAN, Embassador

• 6,960 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Also want to add this... do a run diagnostics extended on that blade after it is upgraded and running.  This should not affect any services other than a bit of a load on the cpu's in your management card.  This will show you if the card has any hardware issues.

Also be aware that putting a "C" card in a newer chassis when either carrier cards or msm-128 cards will downgrade the performance capabilities of the whole chassis to that older card..  If you have like or older cards already then ignore this part :)  
Thank you I hope everything will work out well )) 
Photo of Vyacheslav Kim

Vyacheslav Kim, Employee

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Zhantuar,

Glad to start contact with you!
I am responsible for Extreme sales in Kazakhstan.
Could you please send serial number of your line card, so we could check current status.

Thanks in advance,
Vyacheslav
+7 701 704 21 91
Photo of Drew C.

Drew C., Community Manager

• 39,442 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Vyacheslav, I'll send you Zhantuar's email address so that you two can connect.