cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates for 8800 module

Updates for 8800 module

Zhantuar_Gabdul
New Contributor
Hi everybody) can you please answer a question. I am not a regular user of these devices, but I need to know how to make latest update for them, I bought G48Tc 41517 Black Diamond 8800 48-Port on ebay, should I pay for any licenses for updates, or i just connect it and it updates automatically? Does my location matter, because I am writing from Republic of Kazahstan?

Sincerely,

Zhantuar Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: BD8800 latest stable XOS.
5 REPLIES 5

Zhantuar_Gabdul
New Contributor
Thank you I hope everything will work out well ))

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Vyacheslav, I'll send you Zhantuar's email address so that you two can connect.

Hi Zhantuar,

Glad to start contact with you!
I am responsible for Extreme sales in Kazakhstan.
Could you please send serial number of your line card, so we could check current status.

Thanks in advance,
Vyacheslav
+7 701 704 21 91

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Also want to add this... do a run diagnostics extended on that blade after it is upgraded and running. This should not affect any services other than a bit of a load on the cpu's in your management card. This will show you if the card has any hardware issues.

Also be aware that putting a "C" card in a newer chassis when either carrier cards or msm-128 cards will downgrade the performance capabilities of the whole chassis to that older card.. If you have like or older cards already then ignore this part 
GTM-P2G8KFN