cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 AP250 out of 20 at one site is having trouble providing network access. Devices can connect to it and receive an IP but they will lose any sort network access. What should I be looking at? Please help

1 AP250 out of 20 at one site is having trouble providing network access. Devices can connect to it and receive an IP but they will lose any sort network access. What should I be looking at? Please help

matt_nissen
New Contributor

At one of our sites we have 1 AP250 that is having trouble with network passthrough. Every device should be configured with a standard the previous tech should have put in place but I found that every device is configured independently from the actual radio profile.

This device in particular didn't have the Native VLAN values needed...which after I entered, every device was able to finally get an IP and work!

Now devices that are connected to it will stay connected but seem to lose any network access (can't reach internet, company shares etc...)

This AP has apparently been a problem for the users near it for a couple years and IT is now finding out about it..... the application guys have just been telling the users to reboot a million times.

Looking at immediate errors or diagnostics show nothing but good values...

Any help would be great! Thanks!

34 REPLIES 34

matt_nissen
New Contributor

that is exactly what I did! Ordered a new AP and a few more so our warehouse can finally have wireless in all areas!

I finally went and and just looked at the AP physically and found the wiring was spliced from years ago. On top of that I found what looked like water damage right around the spliced wires. So I took it out and brought it to a new location. Booted up, same problem... so I finally just swapped it and found that the AP was damaged.

thanks for everyone’s immediate help!

admin32
New Contributor

quick answer, swop it with one of the other 19, if problem persists its environmental to the location, if problem moves then its AP or its config.

Also if your network is as haphazard as your describing with incorrect setups have you rechecked your network switch port settings for vlans etc. there could be something funky in the lan connection for that location

admin32
New Contributor

quick answer, swop it with one of the other 19, if problem persists its environmental to the location, if problem moves then its AP or its config.

Also if your network is as haphazard as your describing with incorrect setups have you rechecked your network switch port settings for vlans etc. there could be something funky in the lan connection for that location

admin32
New Contributor

GTM-P2G8KFN