cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802.11x and iOS on AP650

802.11x and iOS on AP650

uschoeni
New Contributor

We are testing VoIP over WLAN with different APs (250 and 650) with iOS and Android. To our astonishment we found, that

• 802.11k and 802.11v cannot be enabled in HiveManger SSID settings (you ca save it but when recalling it is deselected)
  • 802.11r is active and working well on any AP and Andoid as well as with iOS and AP250. iOS devies are not working on AP650 with 802.11r enabled (error message: wrong password).

Has anyone else encountered something like this? Any hints on how to solve it?

4 REPLIES 4

uschoeni
New Contributor

Hi Ashley, iOS users can connect without problems and ... funny enough ... after many changes fourth and back iOS devices work now with 802.11r. I don't know, what changed ... The first issue still exists but it's not critical. Let's hope it stays this way.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Urs, Yes, either that or a RADIUS SSID. Are iOS users able to connect without this feature enabled? If so I'd raise a support case for Aerohive to investigate further.

uschoeni
New Contributor

Hi Ashley, thank you for this. I am sure that I saved the changes twice ... I am using WPA2 (personal) authentication. According to what I read this should be the one required for 802.11r... any idea?

ashley_finch
Contributor III

For the first point, I'm able to save those two options, come back to it later and they are still selected. Then I'm able to deselect, save, come back to it later and it is still correct. Are you definitely saving the optional settings and then saving the SSID? Otherwise the change will be lost.

Unfortunately I don't have a 650 to test the second point currently so I'll leave that to someone else! Though, which authentication method is being used?

GTM-P2G8KFN