Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aerohive AP as radius server, linked to AD

aerohive AP as radius server, linked to AD

mat_do
New Contributor III

Hello,

following this guide : https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radius-SSID-in-NG

i was able to configure an Aerohive AP as Radius Server linked to External Active Directory.

only problem : i can login to the SSID with my credentials if I enter them manually, this works, but it doesn't work if i choose "use my windows account" so my credentials are used automatically.

Am I missing something?

6 REPLIES 6

itmanager2
New Contributor

I believe the OP isn't using NPS as the Aerohive is the RADIUS server in their configuration.

Not sure if that affects the group membership filtering limitations.

Cheers

Ian

dparsons
Contributor

There is one caveat that you need to meet, you must be using only one domain and if you are using a proxy the realm must be pointed to the NPS servers by the default entry. Aerohive proxies cannot redirect by device domain membership, only username membership, so all requests must point to the NPS server using the "default" entry. Then as long as the device is a member of the domain and you have the NPS server set up to authenticate it then it should work.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It is possible to use the computer name but that would be something you set up on your AD, the APs are just passing traffic to and from the clients when you're using an external user data base, so we should be able to use a computer name without issue as long as the AD is set up that way.

mat_do
New Contributor III

your reply makes me ask another question : we would prefer an authentication by computer name in active directory, and not username, it is feasible on hivemanager ng?

GTM-P2G8KFN