cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerohive AP121 stuck at HiveOS 6.5r4 and displays "device update failed" when upgrading it

Aerohive AP121 stuck at HiveOS 6.5r4 and displays "device update failed" when upgrading it

alain_canizares
New Contributor

I have a HiveManager Connect account and have seven AP121s. One of them is stuck on HiveOS 6.5r4. When I upgrade HiveOS it displays a "Device Update Failed" regardless of HiveOS version I choose.

Resetting the AP back to factory settings and re-adding it to the the HiveManager does NOT seem to work as well.

Can someone please point me to the right direction please? Maybe a manual update of the HiveOS if I can have the .img file?

Thanks in advance.

Alain

alain.canizares@gmail.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks very much for that screen shot. Would you be able to navigate to the IP address of the AP in your browser URL bar, log in with the SSH credentials, and upgrade the firmware from there? I can send you the firmware file if you need it, just let me know the version you'd like.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for getting back to me! I've sent those files your way 

The latest is the 6.5r10 version.

alain_canizares
New Contributor

Yes, I can do that and upgrade firmware from there. I think it will be best if you send me about 3 firmware versions starting from newest for the AP121 just in case.

Thanks and much appreciated, Sam! 🙂

Alain

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks very much for that screen shot. Would you be able to navigate to the IP address of the AP in your browser URL bar, log in with the SSH credentials, and upgrade the firmware from there? I can send you the firmware file if you need it, just let me know the version you'd like.

alain_canizares
New Contributor

IMG_6725

Hi Sam, thanks for the quick reply. I took a screenshot of the error.

Alain

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

What message do you see when you hover over the Device Update Failed message?

GTM-P2G8KFN