cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerohive AP121 stuck at HiveOS 6.5r4 and displays "device update failed" when upgrading it

Aerohive AP121 stuck at HiveOS 6.5r4 and displays "device update failed" when upgrading it

alain_canizares
New Contributor

I have a HiveManager Connect account and have seven AP121s. One of them is stuck on HiveOS 6.5r4. When I upgrade HiveOS it displays a "Device Update Failed" regardless of HiveOS version I choose.

Resetting the AP back to factory settings and re-adding it to the the HiveManager does NOT seem to work as well.

Can someone please point me to the right direction please? Maybe a manual update of the HiveOS if I can have the .img file?

Thanks in advance.

Alain

alain.canizares@gmail.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks very much for that screen shot. Would you be able to navigate to the IP address of the AP in your browser URL bar, log in with the SSH credentials, and upgrade the firmware from there? I can send you the firmware file if you need it, just let me know the version you'd like.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

abhuiyan
New Contributor

I have the same problem for Device Update failed. I opened an SSH session on this AP but do not know how to access the SSH and apply command there. I tried from Putty with the IP address and port number (on SSH) I got from Hive Manager and it says Server unexpectedly closed network connection.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks very much for sharing the solution with us!

stamatis_marits
New Contributor

@Sam Pirok​ I think I have good news. The error I was getting trying to browse the Web UI was related to TLS cipher mismatch (ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH).

Change the browser and it worked. Mozilla supports a biggest cipher suite I think and it was the one which worked for me at the end. I logged in, upload latest firmware and seems to be working:

AH-7db000#show version

Aerohive Networks, Inc.

Copyright (c) 2006-2018

Version:      HiveOS 6.5r11 build-216370

Build time:     Fri Dec 7 08:34:26 UTC 2018

Build cookie:    1812070034-216370

Platform:      HiveAP121

Bootloader ver:   v1.0.0.52

TPM ver:      v1.2.35.8

Uptime:       0 weeks, 0 days, 0 hours, 5 minutes, 32 seconds

Thank you for all your help! I will let you know if I bumped into any other issue.

Stamatis Maritsas

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks @Stamatis Maritsas​ , I think we've ruled out the basics here and it's time to open a technical support case. I'd like to attempt a format flash to see if we can get the firmware to work for us, but that will require a technician to enter a proprietary password for you. I will email you directly with details on how we'll need to open the case.

stamatis_marits
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Management Options under your suggested path is grayed out when I am hovering over. I was able to check though the "Disable WebUI On Device" inside the AP config, at the very bottom. This is the title option and underneath say "Override Disable WebUI in the network policy" which is a not checked box. Does this help?

Thanks,

Stamatis

GTM-P2G8KFN