cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ah_dcd: wifi: wifi0: Power 20 exceeds HW limit(reg 15, board 22), forced to 15 ah_top: CPU rate overload. ah_top: system: PM: the system cpu0 busy exceed 360 second.

ah_dcd: wifi: wifi0: Power 20 exceeds HW limit(reg 15, board 22), forced to 15 ah_top: CPU rate overload. ah_top: system: PM: the system cpu0 busy exceed 360 second.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After seting up a GRE Tunnel, i get ALOT of those messages like the ones in the Question, from every AP within the tunnel.

The APs are 330 or 250s. We are running Hivemanager Classic with the newest OS, so do the Aps (Upates two weekends ago)

What is the cause of this problem?

6 REPLIES 6

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That is indicating AMRP is setting a mesh proxy in the event mesh needs to be started.

Anonymous
Not applicable

EDIT:

I've found this log-message: kernel: [mesh]: set proxy : b4b6:76c4:c68d 4018:b1b2 :7d80 n/a flag 0x1402

What does this mean?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to add something. The AP250 are not experiencing this issue. They got a normal CPU rate (below 10%). They are on the same network as the other APs.

I will try the other suggestions later.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The heavy CAPWAP losses combined with your other issues sounds like latency on the backend network. We can confirm this is the case with your CAPWAP issues by enabling CAPWAP debugs, waiting for the issue to happen again, and pulling tech data. My best guess is that we're missing echo packets.

The HiveManager and the APs have a call and response check-in system that allows them to confirm that each side of the connection is still responsive; these call and response packets are called echos. There is a specific time window within which an AP would need to respond to an echo to be considered still responsive. If the AP misses a certain number of echos back to back, it is considered disconnected until it responds again. If an AP is still connected to the internet and passing traffic while missing echos, it's likely due to latency on the network; the AP is unable to process the echo request quickly enough due to the amount of traffic it has to process before responding.

To confirm all of this, please SSH in to the AP and run the following CAPWAP debugs:

CAPWAP debugs: 

_debug capwap info 

_debug capwap basic 

_debug capwap stat 

These will be erased if the AP reboots. You can also manually disable these at any time by adding "no" to the start of the command; for example "no _debug capwap info".  

Then wait for the device to disconnect from the HiveManager and reconnect, then pull tech data. This guide reviews how to get tech data in HiveManager Classic- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/How-to-download-tech-data-in-Classic 

If you'd like to send the tech data to me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

GTM-P2G8KFN