cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else notice that Noise Floor numbers in AP cli never seem to change? no matter where I look all APs report a noise floor of -95.

Anyone else notice that Noise Floor numbers in AP cli never seem to change? no matter where I look all APs report a noise floor of -95.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II
2 REPLIES 2

sderikonja1
Contributor

Something I have noticed as well.

Can anyone from support provide an explanation why the noise floor does not change regardless of AP location?

reinhardg
Contributor II

I've made a script that queries all of our APs for SNMP-OID AH-INTERFACE-MIB::ahRadioNoiseFloor. Only 2 radios were reported with a value of 162. 822 radios have all been reported with a value of 161. In the mib-file I found the following: DESCRIPTION "The noise floor for the radio dbm. The range is 0 to 256 dBm. The value of this variable is the actual value plus 256 dBm." That means: A value of 161 equates to 161 - 256 = -95 dBm. I cannot imagine that the noise floor is nearly everywhere on our campus the same.

GTM-P2G8KFN