cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP not boradcasting SSID

AP not boradcasting SSID

dustin2
New Contributor

Just finalized setup of an AP330, it's a standalone unit being used in my home. I have 3 SSID's that I configured in the Network Profile, it is the only profile I have. I have a VLAN for each SSID, so I ensured I made eth0 a trunk port which is connected to my Cisco Switch, connected to the RPi.

When I was running a config hand built in CLI, everything worked. Now that I have updated from 6.1R1 to 6.5R12 and have attempted to apply a config via the HiveManager Connect, there are no SSID's.

I just checked the AP, it was "stuck" on purple, which is either config or bootup mode, based on the led light information from the help files. I performed a reboot after saving the config, this was done via SSH so I know the static IP and basic routing is working fine. I would prefer to use the manager to configure the AP, but if necessary I have a backup of my CLI config to put in place. My CLI config is much smaller than the generated config, so I'm not sure what to look for.

Any help is appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that access, I took a look and the configuration looks fine. The only variables I can see now are the VLANs, would you be able to reconnect the AP to the HM and then run some VLAN probes on the CLI of the AP for me? We'll want to run this for all three VLANs in use, replacing the #'s in the command below with the VLAN in question.

VLAN probe command:

int mgt0 dhcp-probe vlan-range # #

So for example if we were running the VLAN probe on VLAN 100, the command would be: int mgt0 dhcp-probe vlan-range 100 100

If you could send me a picture of the results, we can go from there. We'll want to test all three VLANs in use, as well as any other VLANs set for the management or native VLAN elsewhere in the configuration if there are any.

dustin2
New Contributor

I added you as an Operator level.

Organization Name: KLINGELE IT

Only one policy, since there is currently only one AP.

I have reset the AP and reloaded with just the CLI commands for now, so it shows as disconnected. I don't think I did anything fancy beyond the 3 SSID's and the VLAN's within those. *shrug*

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Would you be able to add me as an external user to your HiveManager? I won't make any changes, I'd just like to take a look at the configuration we're using to see if I can spot the issue. If you're comfortable with this, please use slynn@aerohive.com to create the external user.

Could you also tell me what Network policy is in use if there is more than one to choose from, and what your Organization name is, which can be found by clicking the silhouette icon in the right top corner> Global Settings> Account Details?

dustin2
New Contributor

Additional info: I was able to consistently push configs to the AP from the HiveManager.

Update: I was able to reload my hand built config with no issues, so something in the HM generated config is causing it not work as expected.

The expected behavior is I should see all 3 SSID's broadcasting so I can connect the varying devices to the correct network.

GTM-P2G8KFN