cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP not performing background scans

AP not performing background scans

wayne_sprouse
New Contributor

I recently did an RMA replacement for an AP130. The replacement device has the same configuration as all the other APs at this location, but it is not performing background scans. I have rebooted this device numerous times and have done a complete config update as well. Neither of these have had any effect on the AP performing this task. One thing that strikes me as weird on this is that shortly after doing a reboot I can run a "show acsp neighbor" and see the APs around it, but shortly after that the command shows nothing. Here is the snippet for background scans from the "show interface wifi1" command.

BGSCAN allow=enabled; BGSCAN during voice=disabled; BGSCAN interval=10 minutes;

BGSCAN with client=enabled; BGSCAN with PS client=enabled;

Number of BGSCAN=0; Number of BGSCAN requested=0; Number of BGSCAN missed=0;

9 REPLIES 9

wayne_sprouse
New Contributor
I will look into this when there are no users in the room the AP is in. Thanks for the assist on this.

Regards,

Wayne Sprouse, CNA,CCNA,CEH,A+
Long Beach School District
Network Administrator
Work Phone: 228-867-3158
Fax Number: 228-563-7245

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I think this is going to be because you're on a DFS channel currently. Could you change to a non DFS channel to see if that lets your scans through?

wayne_sprouse
New Contributor
I changed the settings to allow scans when voice traffic is present and the AP is still not showing any scans being done. Guessing I will need to open a case with support on this.

Regards,

Network Administrator

wayne_sprouse
New Contributor
Hello Sam,

I can make that change this evening and apply to the APs to see if that helps at all. The other APs with that profile are not having that problem so not sure if that will help or not.

Regards,

Network Administrator
GTM-P2G8KFN