cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP not performing background scans

AP not performing background scans

wayne_sprouse
New Contributor

I recently did an RMA replacement for an AP130. The replacement device has the same configuration as all the other APs at this location, but it is not performing background scans. I have rebooted this device numerous times and have done a complete config update as well. Neither of these have had any effect on the AP performing this task. One thing that strikes me as weird on this is that shortly after doing a reboot I can run a "show acsp neighbor" and see the APs around it, but shortly after that the command shows nothing. Here is the snippet for background scans from the "show interface wifi1" command.

BGSCAN allow=enabled; BGSCAN during voice=disabled; BGSCAN interval=10 minutes;

BGSCAN with client=enabled; BGSCAN with PS client=enabled;

Number of BGSCAN=0; Number of BGSCAN requested=0; Number of BGSCAN missed=0;

9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that access. I haven't found anything yet, everything looks to be set correctly. Something I'd like to try if possible, would you be able to go in to the Radio Profile you're using and enable background scans to run when voice traffic is present? Since you don't have any voice traffic, it shouldn't hurt your network, and I'd like to see if that lets the background scans through or if we have the same issue. I'll keep looking in to this on my side as well and I'll let you know if I find anything else.

wayne_sprouse
New Contributor
I have added you as an external user. The Org name is LONG BEACH SCHOOL DISTRICT.

Regards,

Wayne Sprouse, CNA,CCNA,CEH,A+
Long Beach School District
Network Administrator
Work Phone: 228-867-3158
Fax Number: 228-563-7245

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that tech data. Everything looks correct but the AP isn't trying to do any background scans. Would you be able to add me as an external user so I can take a closer look at the settings in use? If you'd like to add me, please use the email address spirok@extremenetworks.com. This guide reviews how to add an external user, and how to find your Organization name, which I will need to find your instance in particular: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Allowing-Support-Access-to-HiveManager

wayne_sprouse
New Contributor

Hello Sam,

There is no voice traffic on the wireless network at that location and no voice devices near that location. Currently the 2.4Ghz radio is turned off as I am only using the 5Ghz radios in that school except in a few rooms where legacy devices are required. I will send you the tech data shortly. Thanks for the response.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Would you say you have much voice traffic on your network? Also, are both radios having this issue? Would you be able to send me tech data from the AP at communityhelp@aerohive.com?

GTM-P2G8KFN