cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP WiFi1 not running at selected power

AP WiFi1 not running at selected power

gsiemens
New Contributor

I have several APs (250 and 150W) that have power selected for radio WiFi1 at 14. Most of the AP's are fine but 20% of them are running at 9 instead of 14.

I can't seem to figure out what is going on. The switch seems to be well below power budget and the power selector is the same as the ones that are working properly. 9 is what our bottom wattage (do not drop below) is set to, bud shouldn't they be running on what was selected?

21 REPLIES 21

ashley_finch
Contributor III

As far as I can tell from a google search the max EIRP for UNII1 (36-48) should be 200mW ~ 23dBm, therefore I'm not sure why this is being limited to ~19dBm. I think you may need a case unless there's new regulations which I've not found yet!

gsiemens
New Contributor

For AP29 (one that is working properly on channel 153)

EIRP power=23.77*dBm(14dBm + 5.00dBi + 4.77dBi);

For AP28 (one that isn't working properly on channel 9)

Freq(Chan)=5200Mhz(40*); EIRP power=18.77*dBm(9dBm + 5.00dBi + 4.77dBi); Diversity=enabled;

gsiemens
New Contributor

Yes I am. Country code for AP broadcasting at 14 are 124 as well.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hm regulatory. If you do a show int wifi1 and look for the calculated EIRP power what value does it come out with for both an AP that's limited to 9 and another thats on a higher numbered channel?

In the UK UNII-2 Ext. (DFS) channels (100-144) have a higher limit than the UNII1/2 channels, but that's quite a bit higher than 9. Not sure about the limits in Canada however

GTM-P2G8KFN