cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP120 updates from 4.1r3

AP120 updates from 4.1r3

andyspeak1969
New Contributor

I have just inherited 2 AP120's AP for testing purposes. I have set them up at home (on my own network) but the firmware is out of date by a long margin.

Currently, the OS is 4.1r3 and this needs to be updated to the latest version as of Nov 2019.

Can someone point me in the right direction for update to this firmware.

20 REPLIES 20

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Manuel, thank you for reaching out, I've emailed you the firmware you need to get the AP120 fully updated. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

mt_rodriguez
New Contributor

Hi Sam, I know the device is out of date, but I am trying to update a AP120 from FW ver 6.2r1c. The device is failing to update with a message "The Aerohive device was unable to save the image to flash memory".

andyspeak1969
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Just to let you know, I finally figured this out.

I downloaded another tftp server and got both AP's to update to the golden version via the CLI.

The other AP had the incorrect S/N. These AP's had never been used, so I took the S/N off the boxes, but the boxes were sealed so S/N on the product was different.

Thanks again for the help

Andy

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm not seeing any duplicate records on our side that would usually cause that on-boarding error, so we would usually need to file a case to get that resolved. However given the other issues we're seeing, I'm not sure that would help much. For the file path, I might take out the ":" right after your IP address but you should be able to copy the file path directly from the FTP server you're using to be sure it is correct.

GTM-P2G8KFN