cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP120 updates from 4.1r3

AP120 updates from 4.1r3

andyspeak1969
New Contributor

I have just inherited 2 AP120's AP for testing purposes. I have set them up at home (on my own network) but the firmware is out of date by a long margin.

Currently, the OS is 4.1r3 and this needs to be updated to the latest version as of Nov 2019.

Can someone point me in the right direction for update to this firmware.

20 REPLIES 20

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You'd just need to add the AP back to the device inventory, this guide covers how to do that: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Adding-and-Removing-Devices-in-HiveManager

And that screen shot looks like you are doing that correctly. Is the image taking a long time to download?

andyspeak1969
New Contributor

Thanks Sam.

I have inadvertently deleted an AP from my account can this be restored from your side?? 12012030700150.

Also the links you sent, I download and upload to the IP address, as per image attached. Just checking i am doing this correctly...d0d8d066231341f4b04266c2d8f1e9e8_0690c000009Pb6LAAS.png

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. I've emailed you with some older versions, lets try upgrading to those to see if we get better results.

andyspeak1969
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

WebUI: just times out and goes back to login screen - no error showing

SSH: Image header magic wrong! - The format of the image is incorrect!

Regards

Andy

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you seeing any errors or warning messages when you try updating via either method?

GTM-P2G8KFN