cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP130, AP230, and AP1130 will no longer perform configuration updates on OS version 6.5.4.0 (6.5r4)

AP130, AP230, and AP1130 will no longer perform configuration updates on OS version 6.5.4.0 (6.5r4)

mkorpi
New Contributor

Hi,

I’ve tried to update multiple APs (AP130, AP230, AP1130) with a new configuration file, but run into “Device Update Failed” messages along with an “Unknown Error.”

It also won’t update to a higher OS from the current 6.5.4.0 (6.5r4) version.  I’m guessing that is likely the cause of the update config error as newer APs with a more current OS (10.0.8.1) can be updated.  Tried rebooting the APs to no avail.  This issue did not occur last month.

What are the steps to fix this Update Failed error? 

Thanks for your help.
--Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, I have emailed you some firmware files and a guide that will help you get your devices to the latest firmware version. If you are still having update issues after the firmware is updated, please let me know and we can troubleshoot that further. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Zertia
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have the same problem with AP130 and AP350.
@SamPirok Could you send me the instructions and firmwawe to update it? 
Thanks. 

mkorpi
New Contributor

That worked.  I had to use the 8.2 firmware first before the 10.0 because 10.0 wouldn’t update straight from 6.5.  Once that was done, 10.0 updated fine and I can once again update config files.

Thanks!

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, I have emailed you some firmware files and a guide that will help you get your devices to the latest firmware version. If you are still having update issues after the firmware is updated, please let me know and we can troubleshoot that further. 

GTM-P2G8KFN