cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP150w ethernet configuration...

AP150w ethernet configuration...

sglassman
New Contributor

Does anyone have any advice/experience with the AP150w Ethernet configuration? Specifically with radius-we are using an external radius server for all of our wifi but with this AP/Switch it appears we can only configure a single management IP and they share it between the wired/wireless side? On the radius side of things we may need to configure things differently for wired and wireless and I could not find a way to separate them or maybe there isn't a way which would be a big disappointment.

17 REPLIES 17

fredfish
New Contributor

Sorry I see the User Profile now that I saved everything.

Sam you are life saver, nothing like a last minute change in program to upset the IT folks. But, thanks to having these AP150's I'm going to be able to handle their request.

fredfish
New Contributor

Yes, sir! That gave me the option for the AP150W and it looks correct for the switch ports displayed.

Now I have all three ports setup as a specified port type. Just how do I use that port type to 'limit' access as a guest. I already have all the UserProfiles existing to do that but don't see where to assign it to these ports. Just the Authentication type of MAC or 802.1x

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you go to Configure and edit the network policy itself (gear icon next to the Network Policy when you highlight it)> Can you enable switching and see if that gives you more device template options?

fredfish
New Contributor

Sam, I really appreciate the help here. I was able to find the device templates but unfortunately my version only shows BR100 as devices available. Since I can't choose the AP150W, I gather I cannot manage this devices ports 😞

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

No, you can, that's why I was asking what HiveManager platform you're using, the instructions will depend on the platform. You are using HiveManager Classic so you'll want to go to Configuration> Open the Network Policy> Find Device Template and click Choose next to that> New> Name the device template> Click on Device Models and choose the AP150W> Save> Back on the Network Policy page highlight the port(s) you want to configure> Configure> New> Name the port template> Save> Back on the Network Policy page you should now see Port Types with the port template you just created> Click Add/Remove under User Profile> Add the user profile you want to apply to those ports.

GTM-P2G8KFN