cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP150w ethernet configuration...

AP150w ethernet configuration...

sglassman
New Contributor

Does anyone have any advice/experience with the AP150w Ethernet configuration? Specifically with radius-we are using an external radius server for all of our wifi but with this AP/Switch it appears we can only configure a single management IP and they share it between the wired/wireless side? On the radius side of things we may need to configure things differently for wired and wireless and I could not find a way to separate them or maybe there isn't a way which would be a big disappointment.

17 REPLIES 17

fredfish
New Contributor

Sam, I really appreciate the assistance before and you following up with an answer. Although the AP150 will not do what I want I at least know it was not a setup issue. Thanks again.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. I've been following up on this for you and found the following:

Some APs (AP245x, AP630 for example) pass traffic to the forwarding engine, which will apply the user profile rules as discussed above. The AP 150W does not forward traffic to the forwarding engine but instead sends the traffic directly to the switching hardware, so the user profile rules (where the firewall rules are defined) do not get applied on this model. I'm sorry for any confusion, please let me know if I can clarify anything further.

ckness
New Contributor

Can you tell me why when I try this exact configuration to apply a firewall guest policy on a ethernet interface it does not work and support tells me its not supported by design ?

case 284589

Dev Ops team confirmed that the Firewalls in the user profiles do not work at the port level. I apologize but it seems that the behavior is not a bug but instead is expected functionality. Your sales rep would be able to file a feature request on your behalf if that is functionality that you need.

Joceline Hernandez

(866) 365-9918 (US toll-free)

+1-408-510-6100 (International)

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Excellent, I'm glad you found it! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you run in to any further issues.

GTM-P2G8KFN