Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP170 Will Not Load Config or Update Firmware, but is connected to HM

AP170 Will Not Load Config or Update Firmware, but is connected to HM

Jacob3
New Contributor

Hello, 

I purchased an AP170 from a third party "like new", looks to be brand new to me. The AP170 will not load its config or even update its firmware. I have factory reset the AP several times (5-7) using the internal reset button. HiveManager will says the device is "Connected", but gives the following error message: "Device Update Failed". Any ideas??

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Jacob3
New Contributor

@Ashley Finch​  and @Sam Pirok​ 

Thanks for the firmware files, I was able to manually update the AP170 to 6.5r3 via the device GUI and then used HiveManger to upgrade the firmware to 6.5r12. The device is now up and running and responding to HiveManger.

FYI, the AP170 stated that the 6.5r12 file shared via Dropbox was not valid for my device.

~Jacob

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the heads up Ashley! Jacob, I've sent the firmware files you'll need along with a guide that reviews how to update the device firmware via the Web UI. Ashley is correct in that you'd need to update to 6.5r3 to manage the devices via the GUI.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

If you're on 6.2r1 I believe you need to upgrade to 6.5r3 and then 6.5r12 as it's a quite old version of firmware. In regards to obtaining the firmware, if you don't have access to the downloads section then @Sam Pirok​ can help with access/links to the firmware directly.

Jacob3
New Contributor

Hello Ashley,

The AP170 is currently running firmware v6.2r1. I have been unable to find a downloadable copy of the 6.5r12 firmware so I could upgrade it via the GUI. Also, I can run AP230's and AP121's on the same network w/o any issues. Looking forward to your response.

~Jacob

GTM-P2G8KFN