cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP230s randomly stop passing traffic, anyone else having this issue?

AP230s randomly stop passing traffic, anyone else having this issue?

jcoombes
New Contributor

Ok, so in the last few weeks I have been dealing with an issue that seem to have randomly started to affect specific APs.

What will happen is a client with connect to an AP, get an IP from our DHCP server, but then the AP stops passing any traffic from the client this seems to affect all my devices, be it Chromebook, iPad or Macbook a reboot of the AP seems to fix the issue for a short while, but then it starts happening again.

Oh, and it affect specific SSIDs on the AP (not all of them) so SSID 1 won't pass traffic, but SSID2 works just fine.

Another common thing is that they are all AP230s.

Anyone else have this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Weiliu, have you tried using the 10.x firmware line for the AP230? That is the latest firmware line available and will have all the latest bug fixes and features. If you’re still having issues on the latest firmware, I’d suggest opening a technical support case so our engineers can troubleshoot that issue with you. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Weiliu, have you tried using the 10.x firmware line for the AP230? That is the latest firmware line available and will have all the latest bug fixes and features. If you’re still having issues on the latest firmware, I’d suggest opening a technical support case so our engineers can troubleshoot that issue with you. 

weiliu
New Contributor

One year ago, we tried 8.2r4, devices with 802.1x auth had problem. Not pass traffic randomly.  No problem with PPSK users on another SSID. So we stayed on 6.5r11. Recently we tried 8.2r6 in order to fix some problems, same thing happened. We are using AP230. Anyone has a stable version or any fix or 8.2rx?

matt_nissen
New Contributor

We have 20 AP250’s at our site and I’ve been fighting with one AP that has been a real pain. Very slow, clients disconnect, and certain AP’s rebooting with UDP flood errors.... the one AP and a couple around it have the same clients that connect to them the most - Intermec CK3 scan guns...

i have been been trying to troubleshoot the problem looking at the network cables, switch, and the AP’s themselves...

i think i finally figured out today that it was one of the scan guns causing the AP’s to slow to a crawl and reboot. Most of the scan guns are Intermec ck3a1 but this one is an Intermec CK3X... it was causing continuous USP flooding errors on any AP it was near.

once I had that device shut off and the battery yanked out.... the wireless has stabilized. And the slowness on those AP’s stopped.

awright
New Contributor
Yes. I had to roll all of mine to a rev of 6. I’d have to look at which exact version. That was the only thing that corrected the problem. I spent weeks with support tweaking things and they never mentioned any problems. Digging through boards I found the same symptoms I was seeing and each time the solution that worked was rolling back.

Sent from my phone
GTM-P2G8KFN