cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP30 ATOM Install - start to finish?

AP30 ATOM Install - start to finish?

thommo_41
New Contributor

There is a complete lack of instruction on how to install the ATOM AP30's. The videos show a complete config free deployment, literally plug and play. But nowhere does it give you details on the pre-requisites. I'm still having problems now. Whilst I wait for support from our reseller, does anyone have a full breakdown of what's required?

Videos and a webinar seemed to suggest it's literally take it out and plug it in. But I can't get anything useful from the device at the moment.

I ended up creating an auto provisioning policy, and used the on boarding on HiveManager NG. But I still can't connect to the ATOM, and it repeatedly fails to update when I try and change hostname. Any quick assistance much appreciated.

It's connecting to an AP250 (mesh) which has had backhauling mesh enabled on a radio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We do have some guides to help with ATOM deployment:

A guide to help connect the device (and the pre-requisites prior to plugging the device in)- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/ATOM-CAPWAP

A guide to help troubleshoot problems getting the ATOM connected if you've done everything in the first guide but are still having issues- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/ATOM-Troubleshooting

If you're still having problems, please let me know and I will do my best to troubleshoot with you here.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for your patience while I looked in to that for you. I did confirm the only sales option in the UK is single purchase (same for EU). The only 3 pack we have has a US-compatible power plug. The single license will still cover up to three separate ATOMs. Unfortunately I don't have any visibility in to why, but your sales engineer might have more information for you. If you're unsure who your sales engineer is, I can email that information over to you.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks very much for letting us know! I'm not sure about the sales practices for the ATOM in the UK, but I will find out and let you know as soon as I hear back.

thommo_41
New Contributor

FINALLY - we're there. The problem was almost certainly (but still not sure) to do with firmware. The AP250's were forced to 8.4r5, and after a reset and repeat of previous steps, it worked. All 3 ATOM's working now too.

Before I quiet down, do we know why the ATOM's in the UK are not a 3-pack? The HM license covers you for 3, and all the videos etc show you a 3-pack, so why did I (UK) need to buy 3 singles, at a much higher cost than the $ RRP?

thommo_41
New Contributor

BEAR - did you use an auto provisioning profile?

Our re seller have gone through wirelessly provisioning these with me, and they fail as soon as you try and deliver an update to them. Change hostname for example, do delta update, the ATOM fails to update and eventually drops offline. This happens even if it was wired first. I guess the provisioning profile is to blame but they've checked that and are happy.

GTM-P2G8KFN