cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ap550 high rx CRC rate (42%) on only one radio.

ap550 high rx CRC rate (42%) on only one radio.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Here are a few relevant points. I'm wondering why there is such a difference between radios. Loudest neighbor is -64.

sh int wifi0 - High Collision

Noise Floor -95

CRC error rate 0.00%

sh int wifi0 _count

42% rx CRC rate

sh int wifi1 - Good

Noise Floor -95

CRC error rate 0.00%

sh int wifi1 _count

0% rx CRC rate

17 REPLIES 17

tandrews
New Contributor

John... We have been dealing with similar issues. One particular location in our high school was giving us fits. We cranked radio power way down, shut off 2.4Ghz radios, etc. We noticed high CRC rates on wifi0 and our support rep suggested moving the APs. So we generally tried to avoid close to walls and near hanging objects (TVs, Projectors, etc.). It has been about a month with these changes and (knock on wood) we have had no complaints from users in that area.

sderikonja1
Contributor

Mac Book Pro is easiest to capture packets with. You can filter for retries yourself or use https://support.metageek.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013527388-Wireshark-Configuration-Profile

Linux works too but is more complex.

In Windows there is Acrylic Professional https://www.acrylicwifi.com/en/wlan-wifi-wireless-network-software-tools/wifi-analyzer-acrylic-profe...

Again you need the proper wireless adapter.

Another way is to use an Aerohive access point in remote capture mode. Search the forum for config samples.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I am having reports of frequent disconnects but only in the area of AP #28. That's what got me started looking into this, but I'm also see high CRC #s at other locations as well. I'd suspected maybe false reporting, but last I heard that was resolved as of 10.0r5. If it's ongoing it would be nice to know officially.

As to the pcap, I'm a little weak in that area. I know how to do it, but wouldn't know what to look for off the top of my head.

sderikonja1
Contributor

Still high CRC numbers. Yesterday I spoke to Aerohive support and mentioned CRC errors. Supposedly 10.0r8 should address this issue as the numbers you are seeing could be false positives. Can you go onsite and do a packet capture? Have you received any complaints from end users? Slow wifi or frequent disconnects?

Disabled interface is administratively down and while not broadcasting, the radio remains active.

GTM-P2G8KFN