cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ap550 high rx CRC rate (42%) on only one radio.

ap550 high rx CRC rate (42%) on only one radio.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Here are a few relevant points. I'm wondering why there is such a difference between radios. Loudest neighbor is -64.

sh int wifi0 - High Collision

Noise Floor -95

CRC error rate 0.00%

sh int wifi0 _count

42% rx CRC rate

sh int wifi1 - Good

Noise Floor -95

CRC error rate 0.00%

sh int wifi1 _count

0% rx CRC rate

17 REPLIES 17

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I'm also wondering if it's normal for an interface that is down to report crc #s, as that is what I'm seeing here.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I thought I replied on Monday but apparently not. Thank you for the radio suggestion. I hadn't thought to try that. I turned off int wifi0 on all of these APs Monday night. Here are the numbers today. I'm also including a partial map so you can get an idea of the layout. Still, nothing seems to make much sense.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

I'll make the change tonight and report back CRC #s tomorrow. I honestly hadn't thought of doing that but really want to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for the suggestion.

sderikonja1
Contributor

That is a low client count for an AP250, especially with dual 5 Ghz enabled. Have you tried disabling second 5G interface to see what that does for CRC count?

I have played with dynamic channel switching for a year and did not like the unpredictable environment it created.

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

Most APs won't see more than 30 clients, with an avg around 10 (just ballpark after glancing at today's history on several). Clients are primarily Windows laptops (Lenovo Yoga, HP Probooks).

Dynamic channel switching is enabled.

GTM-P2G8KFN