AP550's are running in AF power mode.

adam_clegg
New Contributor III
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

I was able to get AT power running on the AP550's by using the following command:

"no lldp config <port#> dot3TlvEnable poeplus_config" as of right now it is stable.

This is were I found the information:

https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/4dl6rv/hp_2530_2448_port_poe_not_delivering_poe/

This essentially disables LLDP PoE+ negotiations and the AP will detect 802.3at power during initial PoE negotiation vs doing it via LLDP. I don't feel this is a complete solution as I want LLDP to work. I will continue to work with HP to figure out why this command is needed.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

So I found and plugged the AP550 into a POE injector and the status goes to AT power. So it has to be something with the HP/Aruba switches.

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

I set the mode to .3at manually. If I set it to auto it will go back to AF.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

The show system power status shows you at .3af, but the show system power mode shows you at .3at...

Strange indeed...

Let me see what one looks like tomorrow when I have one available for comparison. I do not have any Aruba switches to test against. Just Aerohive and some Ruckus ICX switches.

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

Its says they are set at 4 and 4 but still says its using AF power.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

There's nothing in there that would denote the AP to use 2 Tx/Tx chains. What was the result of trying to forcefully set those?

system-power-mode 802.3at

radio profile SCPS_NAC_wifi1 transmit-chain 4

radio profile SCPS_NAC_wifi1 receive-chain 4

GTM-P2G8KFN