AP550's are running in AF power mode.

adam_clegg
New Contributor III
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

I was able to get AT power running on the AP550's by using the following command:

"no lldp config <port#> dot3TlvEnable poeplus_config" as of right now it is stable.

This is were I found the information:

https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/4dl6rv/hp_2530_2448_port_poe_not_delivering_poe/

This essentially disables LLDP PoE+ negotiations and the AP will detect 802.3at power during initial PoE negotiation vs doing it via LLDP. I don't feel this is a complete solution as I want LLDP to work. I will continue to work with HP to figure out why this command is needed.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

I understand what you said about LLDP and the wifi1 interface.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Can you also provide the output of the following command: "show run | i SCPS_NAC_wifi1"

The LLDP = N/A is saying that LLDP is not setup on that interface (wifi1). If you were doing a mesh network where another AP was bridging to your LAN off of this interface, you would see that neighbor in the LLDP table.

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

Interesting that I have LLDP on at the switch but the AP is showing LLDP N/A.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Those are the default radio profiles that are applied to hardware out of the box. I show those on my AP250 even though I have different radio profiles attached to the respective interfaces.

Can you show the output of a "show interface wifi1" command?

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

I found something interesting when doing a show radio profile. Do 1 and 2 look correct to you?

GTM-P2G8KFN