cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP630 - HPE/Aruba Procurve and 802.3at - Insufficient Power error in portal

AP630 - HPE/Aruba Procurve and 802.3at - Insufficient Power error in portal

jan_magne_viko
New Contributor

Anyone have any success in having a AP630 working without giving a insufficient power error in the portal? With Procurve switches? I can get rid of the error by forcing the AP from Auto to AT , but it is cleared when i update the network policy. But should it not be possible for the AP to negotiate a proper power setting without showing insufficient power error in the portal?

I have tried a bunch of settings on the switch, but the LLDP negotiation does not seem to work properly.

I found this one (it is identical to my issue), but this is not a solution, but a workaround. Optimally the AP and Switch should figure this out by themselves.

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/question/0D50c00006qX8kWCAS/ap550s-are-running-in-af-power-m...

2 REPLIES 2

wolfgang_friese
New Contributor

I've the same problem with AP650s on Cisco Catalyst 4510R switches with old and acutal IOS image. You can use firmware release 10.0r3 u. 10.0r4 then the PoE+ (802.3at) is working properly. No fix with firmware 10.0.r8.

The APs working with correct power on Cisco Catalyst 9400 and C3560. Maybe a problem in the LLDP paket?

jan_magne_viko
New Contributor

By the way, this has been tested on the latest 10.0rx firmwares, including r8

GTM-P2G8KFN