cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple devices on our network seem to be struggling. ie. low RSSI and Low SNR This has had no impact on our network however users are experiencing degraded performance. Any help would be great. Could Bonjour Gateway be my root cause?

Apple devices on our network seem to be struggling. ie. low RSSI and Low SNR This has had no impact on our network however users are experiencing degraded performance. Any help would be great. Could Bonjour Gateway be my root cause?

tjones71
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

tjones71
New Contributor

I will see If I can pin down an Apple device and try out the client monitor

tjones71
New Contributor

BJ thanks for your input. I have yet to dive into the client monitor as I have not had a need to use it in the past 4 years. I can say that it seems all apple devices are connected on 5ghz vs the stronger 2.4ghz radios in certain areas. It is hard for me to track down a device and ap association since these are students with devices roaming all over campus. I was just wondering if anyone had seen this issue and had any insight as to what may cause this.

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Have you run client monitor on a troubled device to watch roaming behavior? Are the troubled devices connecting via 2.4 or 5 GHz? When you notice the low RSSI, is the client connecting to a nearby AP or stuck to one farther away?

tjones71
New Contributor

All other devices are performing flawlessly.

GTM-P2G8KFN