Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch not working with user device limit on Cloud PPSK

Apple Watch not working with user device limit on Cloud PPSK

justin_safier
New Contributor

Hi,

So I have a bunch of 245x and 250 APs that we have set up for our organization and authentication is done through PPSK through the Cloud with each user having access to 2 devices. This works great for most of our users. The issue is that some of our users are bringing in Apple Watches and once they get onto the network it messes up all of their devices. This is made worse by the fact that iCloud will automatically try to connect all of the user's Apple devices to the network at once, killing them. What makes this worse is that all Apple devices that the user has aren't able to connect anymore . We've even tried blocking the MAC filter for the SSID with no luck for certain users.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The MAC filter would be the right way to go here, but if it isn't blocking some of the users it's likely because the OS details are different for those devices than the OS details we have on file for apple devices. To fix this, we'll need a packet capture showing a connection of one of these devices (specifically we need it to go through the DHCP handshake), then in that packet capture we can find the DHCP option 55 parameters, which will allow us to build a new OS object in the HiveManager, and then we should be able to block those devices.

If you can send me a remote packet capture at communityhelp@aerohive.com, and the MAC address of the client device in question, I can pull those option 55 parameters for you and walk you through how to make a new OS object.

Unfortunately we don't have a way to stop the iCloud feature, that would need to be done at the device level.

GTM-P2G8KFN