Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APs blocks LPR protocol?

APs blocks LPR protocol?

michal_dolejsi
New Contributor

Hello community,

We just replaced our WiFi solution with Extreme. Any idea, why APs blocks TCP-515 (LPR/LPD) protocol, used by our network printer?

If I am connected to old WiFi, it is working fine. I tried to do a packet capture on edge firewall and I can see that first LPR packet after TCP-handshake is blocked.

Any idea, what could be wrong? Thank you for suggestions.

Regards, Michal

7 REPLIES 7

michal_dolejsi
New Contributor

Hi Sam, yes - these captures are from edge firewall. If you compare these two pcaps, packet number 4 from LPR_print1 is missing in the LPR_print2. I was connected to Extreme AP during the LPR_print2 pcap. And that is why station .65.51 resets this TCP session. Because of timeout.

Printer is connected over wire. It is not wireless client.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for the packet captures and your patience while we looking in to them. You said originally that these packet captures were taken from the edge firewall, is that correct for these captures we're looking at here? If you can see the traffic on the edge firewall downstream from the APs then the APs wouldn't be blocking that traffic. I'm also seeing a reset request coming from 192.168.65.61, is that the printer in question? Could you also tell me if the printer is a wireless client and whether or not you have inter-station traffic enabled?

michal_dolejsi
New Contributor

Sam, any idea what could be wrong?

michal_dolejsi
New Contributor

Hi Sam, I just sent you two pcap files.

GTM-P2G8KFN