Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APs to always register to the cloud Hive-manager

APs to always register to the cloud Hive-manager

ayassine
New Contributor

Hello Mr./Mrs;

I have on premise Hive-manager and a cloud Hive-Manager. I want all APs and New APs to always register to the cloud Hive-manager. what shall i do on the DHCP scope options to achieve that. Note that my hivemanager.local-domain resolves to the on premise Hive-Manager.

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The APs will perform a layer 2 broadcast first to find any on premises HiveManagers. If it doesn't find any, then it will reach out to the redirector to see what HiveManager they belong to and where to connect. Once you add APs to your device inventory in the online HiveManager instance, they register themselves with the redirector as belonging to that HiveManager. So with your set up, as long as your on premises HiveManager isn't on the same layer 2 network as the APs, then the APs should connect to your online HiveManager instead of your on premises HiveManager. 

This guide goes over the commands we can run on the CLI of an Aerohive device to tell it where to connect to manually (assuming your online HiveManager is at cloud.aerohive.com)- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/CAPWAP-Guide-for-HiveManager-NG

GTM-P2G8KFN