cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are existing DSCP values preserved if Marker Maps aren't used?

Are existing DSCP values preserved if Marker Maps aren't used?

lee_harper
New Contributor II

We are assigning DSCP values to traffic originating from endpoints through group policy, and use it for QoS throughout our network. I don't want the DSCP values changed when the traffic goes through Aerohive APs, as we are using a more granular mapping than the Marker Maps are capable of doing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lee_harper
New Contributor II

After testing, found that DSCP values are preserved with QoS turned on, as long as a Marker Map in the User Profile is not selected, and the Marker Map option in the Network Profile -> Advanced Options is off.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

lee_harper
New Contributor II

After testing, found that DSCP values are preserved with QoS turned on, as long as a Marker Map in the User Profile is not selected, and the Marker Map option in the Network Profile -> Advanced Options is off.

lee_harper
New Contributor II

I wasn't sure, as the documentation doesn't really say. The documentation in regards to Marker Maps seemed to indicate that all traffic had the DSCP value rewritten if you were selecting the DiffServ option. We did find a way to test this without messing with anything in production, and our testing indicates that Marker Maps do rewrite the DSCP values, at least if DiffServ is selected. I'm working on testing to see if I can leave QoS on in the User Profile with the "mark outgoing traffic using" option left blank, but with QoS in the user profile disabled, and QoS in the Network Policy set to have a Classifier Map but no Marker Map, it doesn't overwrite DSCP values.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We wouldn't alter or drop the DSCP values, even if we aren't using marker maps in the Aerohive configuration.

GTM-P2G8KFN