cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge two AP390's

Bridge two AP390's

rkowals
New Contributor III

I'd like to know what is the best practice to bridge two AP390's for a bldg that isn't on any copper or fiber. Distance to each unit will be about 100 meters and will be connecting an outdoor wifi can on each end and connected to one of the 2.4 leads on each AP.

14 REPLIES 14

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know. I think you would benefit most from opening a technical support case and setting up a call with one of our engineers. They can walk you through the entire set up process for Mesh, and answer any questions you have along the way. I'm happy to keep working with you over this thread if you'd like, but I don't think that would be the fastest path to a resolution for you and I can't be as hands on as an engineer could be with a case.

rkowals
New Contributor III

Same Mesh, it seemed to have been working, but once we rolled out the remote AP, it dropped. since then I have nit had the chance to see what changes have been made. everything else has been put on hold as we roll out the new aerohive switches that replace the old Cisco switches we have through the campuses. So, I'm back at square one.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what your question is, could you clarify for me? And is the Mesh connection we worked on a couple months ago still working properly?

rkowals
New Contributor III

We have just started to roll out our new Aerohive switches, now I have some time to go back and start on the AP390 Bridge setup as well as getting a SR2208P connected to the remote AP, so other devices can attach to the Bridge.

AP390's are configured the same at this moment, Wifi0 Static IP, Cleient Access and Backhaul are enabled on channel 6. Eth0 and Eth1 are both set uplink, vlan1 , all vlans allowed.

SP2208P, ports 1-8 Access Ports, VLAN 2 voice, Vlan3 for Data. Ports 9,10 are Trunk native vlan 1 and vlan 2.3 allowed.

This is all still new to me, so talk to me like a 5th grader.

GTM-P2G8KFN