cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone recommend a guide to create a simple wireless bridge on 6.4r2?

Can anyone recommend a guide to create a simple wireless bridge on 6.4r2?

sbumpas254
New Contributor

I'm simpyl trying to have my 6.4r2 AP230 join my existing wireless network and then allow eth1 as a bridge interface. This is a very simple hoe network setup, just want to put a dumb switch on eth1 and hook up a few wired devices. I've read the CLI reference but I don't see any obvious hints as to how I would join an existing network - creating new is very straightforward, but very little in the way of bridging jumps out at me. thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I've emailed the firmware versions you'll need to you directly. For client mode, we don't technically support CLI configuration, but these are the commands I've found related to client mode in case this helps:

client-mode ssid <string> [ {passphrase|wep-key} {hex|ascii} <string> ] [ {-nosave} ] 

client-mode ssid <string> priority <number> 

client-mode band-mode {static|dynamic} 

show client-mode ssid 

client-mode connect [ ssid <string> ] 

client-mode built-in-web 

sbumpas254
New Contributor

That's exactly what i'm after, thanks! Unfortunately i don't have access to that firmware, but if I can get it updated do you have any idea what commands would be involved? I don't necessarily need a step-by-step, but I'm not even sure what command tree to start with.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You'd want to set the AP to Client Mode to connect it to an existing network, and set the Eth1 port to a Trunk port. However I'm not sure the client mode feature is available on 6.4r2, you'd likely need to update to a later version (I'd recommend 10.0r8 for the AP230).

This page reviews the client mode setting in more detail: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/reference/understanding-aerohive-ap-client-mode.htm

GTM-P2G8KFN