cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone recommend a guide to create a simple wireless bridge on 6.4r2?

Can anyone recommend a guide to create a simple wireless bridge on 6.4r2?

sbumpas254
New Contributor

I'm simpyl trying to have my 6.4r2 AP230 join my existing wireless network and then allow eth1 as a bridge interface. This is a very simple hoe network setup, just want to put a dumb switch on eth1 and hook up a few wired devices. I've read the CLI reference but I don't see any obvious hints as to how I would join an existing network - creating new is very straightforward, but very little in the way of bridging jumps out at me. thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry for the wait here, I wanted to run this by some of my colleagues but we haven't found a reason for your Client SSID list to be blank. Could you send me tech data from your AP to communityhelp@aerohive.com so I can check a couple of things? This guide reviews how to get tech data from the CLI of the AP: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI

sbumpas254
New Contributor

Factory reset -> login192.168.1.1 -> Client Mode SSID

I've tried entering my existing SSID there, with key, but nothing happens and no new lines show up in the CLI config.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you tell me where in the GUI you're looking for other wireless networks?

sbumpas254
New Contributor

thanks so much - you have made the world a better place. The client guide you sent should do exactly what I want, but strangely even after updating the firmware the GUI doesn't detect any wireless networks? show-tech shows all nearby networks, so I'm pretty confident the radios are on. I'll keep playing with it, but if you have any ideas i'm certainly open to suggestion! Thanks again, you're a lifesaver!

GTM-P2G8KFN