cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I pull a full config from an AP from the CLI that includes the local users?

Can I pull a full config from an AP from the CLI that includes the local users?

dstevenson
New Contributor

I have a couple of old AP-121s that I'm using in my home lab. I have them set up with a single SSID doing 4 local PPSK users. They aren't connected to hivemanager any more so I have to configure them from the CLI. One of them defaulted the configuration and needs to be rebuilt. I tried rebuilding the configuration from the working AP, but when I look at my local users, I see the username, I see the user group they are associated to, but under the valid column it says no. I want the two APs to be configured the same minus the management IP. Is there a way I can pull the full configuration with the users, user profiles, and user group associations in tact, or can someone point me to why the user would be showing invalid?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

dstevenson
New Contributor

So it appears to have just been an order of operations thing. I had been copying out the config line-by-line which seemed to create my SSID and user group and profile. I tried creating the user-profile first, then the profile-group, and then the user before creating the SSID. This showed the users as valid yes when I run a "show user" in the CLI. I then copied in my SSID and I authenticated.

GTM-P2G8KFN