cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use Aerohive AP1130 802.11ac as a standalone access point? the root access doesn't seem to have any options to set it up as an access point.

Can i use Aerohive AP1130 802.11ac as a standalone access point? the root access doesn't seem to have any options to set it up as an access point.

asad_jamil
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Again - with a proper factory-reset, and added successfully into NG, it should come up successfully

• To do a factory default reset, you have 2 options:
    • Hold down the reset button for about 10 seconds. The LED should start to blink slowly.
    • PREFERRED: Connect to your AP via ssh, enter "reset config"
  • Ensure you are not blocking outgoing traffic from you AP. Especially the following ports must be open:
    • UDP 12222
    • TCP 443
  • In addition, DNS must work in your environment, and ideally NTP as well. If unsure, ensure that UDP 53 and UDP 123 are open on your Firewall as well (for outgoing traffic).

If this still doesn't work, you can try to put in a Hivemanager host name manually, but these are different per region and change... you can try with the European Master server in Ireland: hmng-prd-ie-cwpm-01.aerohive.com.

But a better way to troubleshoot this is to connect to your AP by ssh, and run the following command:

show capwap client

Post it here, as this shows all Capwap server settings and the current state. Sometimes it can happen that an AP is still stuck somewhere.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
Yep. Find the “Device Management” settings, and you will find the key.

Sorry no screenshot, I only have my phone for the moment.

Carsten Buchenau
CTO

EDIFICOM SA
Rue de la Vernie 12 | CH-1023 Crissier
T +41 21 313 23 13 | M +41 79 832 08 06
carsten.buchenau@edificom.ch | www.edificom.ch<>

[https://www.edificom.ch/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/LinkedIn_logo.png]<> [https://www.edificom.ch/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/web_logo.png] <> [https://www.edificom.ch/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Facebook_logo.png] <> [https://www.edificom.ch/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Twitter_logo.png] <>

asad_jamil
New Contributor

Thanks Carsten. That finally did the trick. 🙂

Had to play around with the policy to get wifi network to appear. Got it working. I did have to open those ports and enter hmng-prd-ie-cwpm-01.aerohive.com redirect server.

I was curious which one was the problem; the ports or redirect server.

So i tried to log in to AP root so i can delete the server to see if it autoconnects. Which was supposed to be default username: admin & pass: aerohive. But i cant login with those details anymore. Am i right in thinking when i deployed the policy it must have changed those details? ef41e187e3d64738b065f24ed8c4c04e_0690c000006VAmPAAW.pngresult

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Again - with a proper factory-reset, and added successfully into NG, it should come up successfully

• To do a factory default reset, you have 2 options:
    • Hold down the reset button for about 10 seconds. The LED should start to blink slowly.
    • PREFERRED: Connect to your AP via ssh, enter "reset config"
  • Ensure you are not blocking outgoing traffic from you AP. Especially the following ports must be open:
    • UDP 12222
    • TCP 443
  • In addition, DNS must work in your environment, and ideally NTP as well. If unsure, ensure that UDP 53 and UDP 123 are open on your Firewall as well (for outgoing traffic).

If this still doesn't work, you can try to put in a Hivemanager host name manually, but these are different per region and change... you can try with the European Master server in Ireland: hmng-prd-ie-cwpm-01.aerohive.com.

But a better way to troubleshoot this is to connect to your AP by ssh, and run the following command:

show capwap client

Post it here, as this shows all Capwap server settings and the current state. Sometimes it can happen that an AP is still stuck somewhere.

asad_jamil
New Contributor

Any ideas on how i could connect AP1130 to online Hivemanager NG connect? Surely there are some manual setting i need to add here..e258802940d64dcc8d60440391e18e3b_0690c000006V6Z2AAK.pngserver

GTM-P2G8KFN