cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use Aerohive AP1130 802.11ac as a standalone access point? the root access doesn't seem to have any options to set it up as an access point.

Can i use Aerohive AP1130 802.11ac as a standalone access point? the root access doesn't seem to have any options to set it up as an access point.

asad_jamil
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Again - with a proper factory-reset, and added successfully into NG, it should come up successfully

• To do a factory default reset, you have 2 options:
    • Hold down the reset button for about 10 seconds. The LED should start to blink slowly.
    • PREFERRED: Connect to your AP via ssh, enter "reset config"
  • Ensure you are not blocking outgoing traffic from you AP. Especially the following ports must be open:
    • UDP 12222
    • TCP 443
  • In addition, DNS must work in your environment, and ideally NTP as well. If unsure, ensure that UDP 53 and UDP 123 are open on your Firewall as well (for outgoing traffic).

If this still doesn't work, you can try to put in a Hivemanager host name manually, but these are different per region and change... you can try with the European Master server in Ireland: hmng-prd-ie-cwpm-01.aerohive.com.

But a better way to troubleshoot this is to connect to your AP by ssh, and run the following command:

show capwap client

Post it here, as this shows all Capwap server settings and the current state. Sometimes it can happen that an AP is still stuck somewhere.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

asad_jamil
New Contributor

I did a reset of the device added with the serial number.... does not connect. The above screen caps show the settings.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Well, if there is no connection with the Hivemanager, you cannot push a config upload...

Did you do a default reset on the AP?

When you added the serial number, you did not get an error message, right?

asad_jamil
New Contributor

Maybe I need to update policy and deploy it? I havent done that yet.

asad_jamil
New Contributor

Thanks Carsten.

I Setup a new account with NG connect.

Reset the ap1130

Simpler and It was easier to add the device.

However still no connection.

It says

Could not view configuration on device 263333034952394. There is no version for the device, try to setup a CAPWAP connection to HiveManager.

6d5943ee4e2b4204938b32916886ad69_0690c000006V6hfAAC.pngserver5

server3

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Aerohive maintanes a so-called Redirector service. Once you add an AP via the NG GUI, its serial number is entered into the Redirector accordingly. As you did not receive an error / complaint, I assume that this was successful.

What might already help is to give the AP a default reset. Press the reset button for about 10 seconds, and that should do the job. It will then contact the Redirector service, and from there it will learn the real NG address to connect to.

As to my knowledge, a downgrade from Select to NG is not yet possible, but I might be wrong. Creating a new Connect-only account (with a new email address) might be your fastest option. If you do this: Remove your AP from your Trial account (and do this before the 30 days are over!), so that it is removed from the Redirector DB. You will then be able to add it to your new Connect account.

GTM-P2G8KFN