cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can please someone provide the commands needed to configure Secure Port Settings via Supplemental CLI in Hivemanager NG?

Can please someone provide the commands needed to configure Secure Port Settings via Supplemental CLI in Hivemanager NG?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

s_heise
New Contributor II

Probably our support got a feedback from Aerohive with the commands that where already mentioned in this feed.

I got the information that you will be unable to enter a password for the supplicant, but with the right firmware it is possible.

For AP141 it doesn't work as the commands doesn't exist there and also the configuration isn't supported as it is done by CLI only.

@Sam Pirok​  is it possible that you start a feature request for this, as it was already possible to configure it on the Hivemanager Classic Cloud GUI, so this configuration will be supported again?

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

s_heise
New Contributor II

If I should find a solution, I will post it here....but I don't believe that there will be one.

bpowers
Contributor

I gotcha. I don't expect you'd see any errors in pushing updates out. The commands simply wouldn't be applicable to the hardware.

I'd be curious if you come across a resolution, but I'm afraid I can't be of much more help. 😞

s_heise
New Contributor II

We use HMOL, but all devices are moved to the NG already and we let them authenticate by MAC-Address at the moment.

At the moment we are unable to move a device back to the old one, but as already written I haven't found any indicator for the supplicant configuration in the config file at an AP141.

Also there was never an error when pushing the config with "Secure Port Settings" to an AP141.

bpowers
Contributor

Did you use HMOL or did you have an on-prem HM Classic platform? Or I guess I'm curious if you still have access to that platform. To move a single device back to it and gather a bit more information so we can see what's going on...

s_heise
New Contributor II

Yes, I'm struggling with it too, but I'm 100% sure that I was able to see working authentications.

GTM-P2G8KFN