cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone tell me the process to convert a customer from HM Classic online to NG Online?

Can someone tell me the process to convert a customer from HM Classic online to NG Online?

support68
New Contributor
1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

This guide walks you through that process: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/VHM-Virtual-HiveManager-Migration-Guide

In general you'll want to do the following:

1) Register for a HiveManager account at cloud.aerohive.com

2) Build your configuration first (this reduces downtime for your network later on)

3) Import your entitlement keys (a.k.a. licenses) in to HiveManager

4) Remove your devices from the HiveManager Classic instance (this begins the downtime as it will set the APs back to factory settings)

5)Add the devices in to your HiveManager device inventory and assign a Network Policy to them during the on-boarding process.

Once the APs connect, the configuration you've already built will be pushed out to them automatically, and once they've rebooted your network will be back up and running.

If you'd like assistance with the entire process, you can purchase an assisted migration from our professional services team. If you need help with one or two of the steps, I can assist you here or you can open a technical support case.

GTM-P2G8KFN