cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the same SSID name be used with different user profiles? they are asking me to propagate the same SSID name in different locations with different user profiles, when trying to generate it I get an error that the name of the SSID is already used

Can the same SSID name be used with different user profiles? they are asking me to propagate the same SSID name in different locations with different user profiles, when trying to generate it I get an error that the name of the SSID is already used

GustavoD
New Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

GustavoD
New Contributor

Hi Ashley.

Thanks for your quick response

Kind Regards

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Yes this can be done, however in a different way to which you are currently trying to set this up. First of all which HiveManager platform are you using as the steps would be different? Check this if unsure: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Which-HiveManager-Platform-am-I-using

I'm hoping you're on HiveManager (formerly NG) and the select variant as this will be the easiest to set up!:

A prerequisite would be to assign your APs to locations in the maps if not already set.

In the original SSID scroll down to the user access settings:

730abbb18c5b4a32a9b211102e80e908_0690c000008ucRwAAI.png

Tick the "apply a different user profile to various clients and groups"

Create a user profile (perhaps name it '[Location]-UP' for easy reference, create it with the required settings. Then create an assignment rule for the location. This basically means, if the AP is in location x, assign the users of the ssid to user profile x. Then just create a user profile for each location, push it out and you should be good to go!

UPA

GTM-P2G8KFN