cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can VLAN groups be used even if only one VLAN from the group is available on the underlying wired network?

Can VLAN groups be used even if only one VLAN from the group is available on the underlying wired network?

jcarver
New Contributor II

I'm trying to reduce the number of user profiles required when multiple locations have have different underlying VLANs for the same user type.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcarver
New Contributor II

I have setup the VLAN to use location classification instead of the VLAN group and it is working great. This allowed me to reduce similar user profiles to one each and hand out the correct VLAN based on the location. Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jcarver
New Contributor II

I have setup the VLAN to use location classification instead of the VLAN group and it is working great. This allowed me to reduce similar user profiles to one each and hand out the correct VLAN based on the location. Thank you for your help.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I think that would be an easier configuration to set up and manage, yes.

jcarver
New Contributor II

I just realized that you can also set the VLAN and use a location classification.

It would be better to use VLAN instead of VLAN group when only one VLAN per location is used and use the location classification right?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes this is possible, so long as you have proper classification rules to direct clients from that location to the active VLAN.

GTM-P2G8KFN