cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable CAPWAP Delay on HiveManager NG?

Configurable CAPWAP Delay on HiveManager NG?

Hyoun_Kim
New Contributor

I'm currently getting bombarded with alarms by APs at a remote site utilizing Hivemanager NG. These messages are:

* The current capwap delay time higher than threshold value

* The CAPWAP connection was lost.

I've searched around and where you can adjust the settings for the non-NG versions of HiveManager but I can't find this setting anywhere on NG.

Hardware-wise & ISP-wise, nothing has changed. All my wired clients can get out to the Internet and no firewall rules are causing this issue.

Can anyone point me to the right direction where I can adjust the CAPWAP delay values?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately that isn't a feature in NG currently. As it stands today, it's an all or nothing kind of alarm. You can enable/disable it by going in to the HiveManager> Clicking on the person shaped icon in the top right hand corner> Email Notifications (left hand side menu).

I would encourage you to use the feedback icon on the right hand side of any page in HiveManager NG (chat bubble icon) to request that CAPWAP thresholds are added to NG. This goes directly to our engineering team, so it's the best way to submit feedback and feature requests.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Jakub, thanks for checking up on this feature. Unfortunately we haven't added a way to adjust the CAPWAP alarm thresholds yet, but I would encourage you to reach out to your sales engineer to file a feature request for this. The more requests we get for a particular feature, the faster we'll be able to implement it. If you're unsure who to reach out to for your sale engineer, I can email that information to you directly, just let me know.

jakub_sochacki
New Contributor

@Sam Pirok​  Hi Sam, this thread is 2 years old, I was wondering if anything changed and maybe we have an option to adjust CAPWAP delay?

The situation for me is that I have 5 sites on my ExtremeCloud IQ portal and I have notifications setup to notify me about APs going down. On 4 sites this is useful, because I rarely get false positives. But in Shanghai it seems that I get a few emails everyday, but each time I check, the APs are OK. I would like to extend the CAPWAP timeout time for Shanghai APs so it takes 5 or 10 minutes before I am notified.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately that isn't a feature in NG currently. As it stands today, it's an all or nothing kind of alarm. You can enable/disable it by going in to the HiveManager> Clicking on the person shaped icon in the top right hand corner> Email Notifications (left hand side menu).

I would encourage you to use the feedback icon on the right hand side of any page in HiveManager NG (chat bubble icon) to request that CAPWAP thresholds are added to NG. This goes directly to our engineering team, so it's the best way to submit feedback and feature requests.

GTM-P2G8KFN